top of page
SUGARING VS WAXING
Heard about Sugaring and want more information ? Here's some facts;
- Real sugaring is made up of all natural food-grade ingredients like sugar, lemon juice, water and manuka honey.
- Most waxes are made primarily of resins and contain artificial fragrances, dyes, glues, chemicals, and preservatives. Although you can be allergic to any given ingredient, natural or not, it’s more common for people to be allergic to artificial fragrances and ingredients like those found in waxes.
- Sugaring paste is water soluble, meaning you can wash it off with plain old water. It’s a different story with wax that needs to be taken off with special wax removers.
- Sugaring doesn’t attach to live skin cells. Sugaring will only take away dead skin cells and nourishes the area being treated, unlike waxing which also removes live skin cells, leaving the skin sore and irritated.
- Sugar is never hot. Wax is applied warm, but sometimes overheated causing a skin burn and then you know what follows- scabs. Sugar paste is used lukewarm so there’s no chance of burning the skin.
- Perfect for all body parts. Certain areas of the body are just more sensitive than others. The highest pain areas are the upper lip, chest, bikini and genital areas. Sugaring comes in extra handy when removing hair in these areas
bottom of page